8 Tricks to Help you Get Back Into an Exercise Routine

, , No Comments
Whether you favor jogging, running, at home workouts, gym workouts, or group workouts, these tips and tricks are all the motivation you require to put the Ho Hos down, lose weight and get back into shape!



1. Cease wearing comfortable clothes around the house.
I enjoy nothing more than lounging around in a pair of bum-hugging, stretchy yoga pants every day, but I constantly notice that I’m less prone to gorge on my favorite Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal if I’m carrying a pair of skinny jeans…particularly when I’m also wearing a slightly tight sweater that attracts attention to my growing muffin top.

2. Pin a picture of yourself to your cupboards and fridge.
There’s nothing more influential than having a photo of a trimmer, hotter version of yourself gazing at you every time you touch the Twinkies. Believe me on this one.

3. Set a purpose.
Whether you want to squeeze into that new pair of skinny jeans or shed those last annoying pounds of baby weight, write your aim down on a note and pin it somewhere you’ll see it over and over again. I have one that says, “I WANT TO LOOK BETTER!” stuck to My computer screen.


4. Keep track of everything you eat.
Have you ever done this? I commenced yesterday and I was so ashamed of the number of calories I eat on a daily basis (why do I consume so much while I’m cooking dinner?) that I couldn’t wait to go to the gym this morning to get rid of it all.



5. Collaborate with a friend.
I do not know much about you, but I’m not into the organized fun, so the entire concept of having a gym partner really doesn’t appeal to me. But when two of my colleges asked if we could compare gym records to keep each other stimulated to appear hot by bikini season, I agreed fully. And you know what? It feels quite impressive that I’m the solely ONE who made it to the gym in the last 5 days!


6. Get some good tunes.
Nothing gets me excited more than hearing some upbeat, loud, blood-pumping songs while I’m working out at the gym, so I’ve begun to prize myself with a brand new iTunes download for every 5 workouts I do. And it’s keeping me so motivated!



7. Keep your workout fresh.
For a long time, I was doing the very same routine every time I hit the gym, and I noticed that it made the time drag on endlessly. So now I rearrange it a bit. One day I’ll do it the hard way (aka “hell”), some days I’ll choose to go for a run, and sometimes I’ll take a magazine and hop on a bike for half an hour. It keeps things a little more entertaining and helps fill the time!



8. prize yourself.
I like to set short-term objectives around calories (if I succeed to make it to the gym three times in a week, I get an additional glass of wine on Friday and Saturday nights) and long-term objectives around clothes (if I squeeze back into those capris, I’m amusing myself to a hot pair of wedge heels), but you can go for whatever works better for you. Just make sure to keep your prizes driving so you have something to work towards. And don’t ever cheat!


0 comments:

Post a Comment